Fiber disc, also known as steel paper grinding, Steel paper sand plate, high-speed grinding disc, etc., is the use of high strength steel paper (that is, vulcanized fiber), to synthetic resin as binder, abrasive bonded to the surface of steel paper and form a circular sheet coated abrasive. Abroad abrasives discs, or fiber discs, are called. It can be installed on an electric or pneumatic Angle grinder with a high operating speed and a rotating speed of 8000-12000r/min. Due to its many features in use and manufacturing, it is more widely used than a grinding wheel.
Usage characteristics of fiber disc:
1. Widely used, high grinding efficiency. Fiber disc are used in portable air conditioners and power tools.To polish plane, surface, edge and weld, suitable for rust removal, welding, burr, part of the manual file, shovel, scrape, grinding and other processes. It can also be roughened and polished metal or nonmetal.
2. The Fiber disc has better flexibility and is more widely used than the pulled wheel.It generally does not damage the geometry of the workpiece.
3. The weight of theFiber disc itself is small, the centrifugal force generated at high speed rotation is relatively small, high strength, generally will not break, good safety.
4. In the manufacturing process, the Fiber disc is simpler than the pulling wheel. If continuous production is adopted, the production efficiency is high and the cost is low.
5. The Fiber disc and its tools are light in weight, easy to operate, flexible to use, suitable for field work, such as hull, bridge large area rust removal, polishing, is also one of the necessary tools for bench workers mechanized operations